Aviva is launching its first cyber cover designed for small to mid-market customers to help combat the increasing threat of data and privacy breach they face today. Aviva, in partnership with CyberScout, is providing insurance that offers cover and risk management expert services to help customers prepare in advance for and manage any issues after a data loss or breach.
Aviva’s cyber cover is the perfect complement to any commercial combined policy at new business, mid-term or renewal and provides three benefits to the cover:
- Data breach response – 1st Party, entry level cover picking up investigation and response costs.
- Computer Cover – 1st Party, extensive protection for clients, tailored to their requirements
- 3rd party liability – protection against the insured’s legal liability to 3rd parties arising from the use of electronic media up to a £500,000 limit of indemnity in any one period, costs inclusive.
Angus Eaton, MD commercial lines at Aviva, said: “Cyber risks like hacking , a stolen laptop, system failures or a memory stick going missing are unfortunately very much part of the digital world. The impact on business operations can be catastrophic, not just the financial impact of a data breach but also in terms of the damage to reputation.
“It is why, based on broker feedback, Aviva’s cyber cover has been designed to give businesses an affordable way to protect themselves as well as access to expert advice should they suffer a data loss or breach.
“For example, a virus that has resulted in the loss of customer data needs a quick response not only to remove the virus and protect the data but also to ensure that staff, suppliers and customers are kept informed of any risk and remedial measures.
“Aviva’s cyber cover looks after the financial impact and most importantly helps businesses know what to do when a breach occurs to keep the business running”.
Nate Spurrier, business development director, CyberScout, said: “Cyber attacks continue to be big news and are a real threat to business operations. It’s an area of expertise that all businesses need to understand. Our experience means we can help businesses identify the steps they can take to effectively ‘lock the front door’ to intruders to reduce the risk of a cyber attack and in the event of a breach we can also help them respond appropriately to restore and secure their data quickly, and manage any reputational damage.”
CyberScout has been providing customers with prevention education, proactive protection services and incident remediation since 2003, today working with more than 770,000 businesses across the United States and Canada.
For more information contact your Aviva business development manager.
If you are a journalist and would like further information, please contact:
Aviva Press Office: Katy Hurren | 07800 692 548 | firstname.lastname@example.org | @Katy_Hurren
CyberScout Press Office: Kelly Santos, Ksantos@CyberScout.com
CyberScout™ is the leading provider of services that help businesses and their customers defend against data breaches and identity theft. CyberScout’s unique approach—delivering proactive protection, preventive education, and swift resolution—offers unrivalled support for more than 660 client partners and 17.5 million households. With its wholly owned subsidiary, CyberScout Consulting™, CyberScout delivers information security and data privacy expertise to help businesses avert and respond to data loss. Based in Scottsdale, Ariz., the company has several locations in the U.S. and Canada, as well as in Ireland to serve partners in Europe.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 34* million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva’s asset management business, Aviva Investors, provides asset management services to both Aviva and external clients, and currently manages over £245 billion in assets.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £24.6 billion in benefits and claims in 2014.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/.
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
- Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc/